27 February 2011

A twist of Perspective

Here in Arizona, it NEVER rains. But tonight, the rain pours down at last. From my own observation: What tends to happen is that it will only ever rain at night and by morning, not a cloud in the sky. In the off chance that it rains during daylight hours, all Arizonians seem to be in such a great mood. Have you ever thought about that ONE thing that makes you happy and will never fail to bring a smile to your face even once? Well, everyone has that one thing and rain is mine. People think I'm crazy when I see rain and bolt outside in excitement (ah the poor non understanding non Arizonians...) . But everytime I feel that rain I cant help but flash a huge smile and laugh. I like to think that rain is a little reminder from God that everything will be okay. I know, I know. What is this? Theological concepts from a young blogger? I guess its just one of those things that teens ponder but never really   talk about out loud. In my theology class last year we had a guest priest.
QUESTION: Will my dog go to Heaven with me?
ANSWER: If you need your dog to be eternally happy, then yes.
I thought this was a beautiful, well thought out, non-cliche answer that made me think.
A rainy Heaven? We'll have to see!
~CB

No comments:

Post a Comment