31 May 2011

Wise Little Caterpillar

Google Search: Alice In Wonderland Who Are You. I wanted more emphasis on
the "Who Are You" but hey, you get what you get and you don't throw a fit.

Alice In Wonderland directed by Tim Burton is one of my favorite films. Here's a quote:

 "I said you were not hardly alice," he corrected her. "But you're much more her now. In fact, you're Almost Alice" -Caterpillar

I love the way that he judges character! It just proves how wise he is. If only more people could think as he does. Instead of identifying Alice by her name or what she looks like, he identifies her through her personality traits. Instead of thinking *hmm blue eyes, blonde hair, fair skin, blue dress. Must be Alice Kingsley as before* NO! he thinks *hmm non courageous girl, doubtful, not very child-like, must not be the wonderous, adventurous and brave girl i knew before. Therefore, it isnt Alice.* How brilliant of Lewis Carol for thinking like that. I intend to read Through The Looking Glass eventually. Its on my list of things to do before I die! Maybe after I have a family and have nothing to do. Because its the beginning of summer. I have to be out and about! I'm half way done with high school!

No comments:

Post a Comment