15 April 2011

Think About It!

Some people change their words without even realizing it. Sure, it may seem childish. I mean, its cute when children pronounce it "Melk" rather than "milk." In fact, in the French and English language, words have been altered because so many people pronounced the words wrong that the wrong pronunciation because accepted as correct. 


Do you say things incorrectly without realizing? Here are some things that I've noticed/people have brought to my intention:

  • "Pay-Per-View" It's hyphenated for a reason people! It isnt pronounced "Paper View"
  • This one is for Arizona natives. My choir teacher taught me this one. Arizona natives, say "strawberry." She pointed out that people from Arizona say "shtrawberry." Not heavily emphasized, but still said with an SH sound. It's similar with other words beginning with an ST. I'm guilty of this one XP
  • Of course, we all know of the whole "duct tape" vs "duck tape" thing. But I was painting once and the tape had a little picture of a duck on it. How cute! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment